Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Development
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Development Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi.The organization was corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Overall Course Overview:
The global community faces problems of poverty and profound environmental changes that are interconnected in complex and dynamic ways. As the Sustainable Development Goals acknowledge, in an increasingly integrated world, any development agenda must be a global one with shared responsibilities for all countries. The rationale for this innovative programme of study lies in the global environmental and development challenges that have been articulated in the Sustainable Development Goals. It is clear that solutions to the challenge of sustainable development require holistic, integrated and co-ordinated actions across a very wide range of sectors, and will increasingly require a multidisciplinary approach. This programme aims to provide students with a broad grounding in the main concepts associated with sustainable development, but also provides the opportunity to specialize in one area in greater depth. The main aim of this taught, multi-disciplinary programme is to provide participants with an understanding and practical experience of the wide ranging contextual, conceptual and thematic issues involved in the planning, management and practice of sustainable development throughout the world. As the various global social and environmental crises deepen, a new generation is rising up into leadership positions in the public, private and non-profit sectors that are required to possess a broad trans-disciplinary understanding of the various dimensions of these crises and related solutions.
• To provide students with the skills necessary to analyze and interpret current issues and debates related to sustainable development.
• Enhancing knowledge and understanding for decision- and policy-making on sustainable development issues.
• Enhancing students’ critical, analytical, and integrative skills for responding to sustainable development challenges.
• Provide research training and experience in relation to sustainable development.
1. Understanding Sustainable Development.
2. Climate Change and Development.
3. Environmental Science and Management.
4. Ethics for Environment and Development.
5. Managing Knowledge and Communication for Development.
6. Natural Resource Management.
7. Rural Development and Change-Understanding poverty.
8. Food Security and Social Protection.
9. Research work.
There are nine assignments (continuous assessment tests),research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 60%,research paper accounts for 30% while Examination accounts for 10% of the marks. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD:52 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (12 Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com