Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi.The organization was corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Overall Course Overview:
Accountability in ones place of work has been defined as the means by which individuals and organizations report to a recognized authority and held responsible for their actions. Accountability is promoted through transparency and performance is promoted by responsive project management decision-making. The programme is intended to equip personnel in the field of monitoring and evaluation within the public sector, and the private sector on implementing programmes with a high level of accountability. At any time, organizations have projects under implementation and in therefore there is need for people with relevant training to oversee implementation of the programmes. This post graduate Diploma programme is important to any personnel who are mandated with the responsibility of overseeing any project that is under execution. The management or donor in the project would want to see how the implementer’s of the program put into use the funds at their discretion. Monitoring ensures that the management is constantly supplied with information on the progress of a project and take timely decisions to ensure that progress is maintained according to schedule. Evaluation aims to determine whether the project objectives set in terms of expected outputs, effects and impact are being or will be met.
• Explain the different Monitoring and Evaluation conceptual approaches and frameworks.
• Develop knowledge and critical thinking skills to be able to design and evaluate workplace programs.
• Build your expertise, confidence and credibility to positively impact your workplace program.
• Design country/site-specific monitoring flow process based on organizational structure (e.g., single country office, field office, or regional office).
• Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation work plan for a country/site program, taking into consideration donor requirements.
• Design systems to manage and use data and provide feedback to appropriate staff.
• Identify methods for overcoming barriers to effective monitoring and evaluation.
• Monitoring and Evaluation Concepts
• Leadership, Ethics and Governance
• Project Management
• Social Research Methods and Statistics
• ICT for Project Management
• Emerging issues in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Statistics and Computing
• M&E and Entrepreneurship
• Financial accounting in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Social Audits and Assurances
• Principles of Conflict Resolution
• Research Project (Practicum) .
There are nine assignments (continuous assessment tests),research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 60%,research paper accounts for 30% while Examination accounts for 10% of the marks. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD:52 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (12 Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com