Humanitarian Logistics is very central in disaster and emergency operations. It relates to the relocation of affected communities, movement of relief supplies and emergency transfer of casualties and relief workers involved in the operations.
In every humanitarian action, logistics take the biggest budget and effort confirming the need for supporting efficient systems to ensure emergency supplies reach those in
need in the most effective way. With increasing emergency situations around the world humanitarian logistics has a big demand hence the need for career development in the sector.
- To examine the logistics system including planning the activities required in a humanitarian and emergency situation.
- To understand logistics planning and implementation processes
- To understand information needs during emergency situations especially the need for situational analysis, resource mobilization and networking with partners humanitarian organizations ensure operations are successful
- Responding to emergency situations
- Needs assessment/ situational analysis for the individual humanitarian situation
- Principles of Logistics Management
- Logistics Planning for emergency supplies
- Information and Communication protocols for emergency situations
- Humanitarian partners, cooperation and management
- Budgeting for logistics and reviewing goods availability against humanitarian needs of the operation
- Fleet Management
- Staff Management
- Storage, Warehousing and stock controls
- Procurement and Contracts Management
- Transport and Logistics Operations
- Movement of people and supplies in emergency situations
- Risk management in the supply chain
- Measuring logistics activities and tracking performance
- Monitoring and Evaluation in the supply chain
- Emerging and Global Trends in Humanitarian Logistics
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of each month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: 700 Euros
ORGANIZERS: Strategia Netherlands
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT:
The Academics Manager