Understanding of the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and an appreciation of Corporate Tax Planning Measures is important for any Finance staff involved in preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Compliance & Planning.
All Heads of Finance, Reporting Accountants, Other Senior Finance Staff, Risk & Compliance staff and Internal Audit staff must familiarize themselves with the requirements of IFRS if they are to prepare financial statements that are compliant with IFRS Reporting Requirements. In addition, all Senior Finance Personnel must acquaint themselves with emerging trends in Corporate Tax Compliance & Planning if they are to be effective in managing their organization tax costs and also in mitigating organizational tax exposures.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to;
- Understand and apply IFRS requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
- Understand financial statement presentation and specific disclosure requirements (operating segments, events after the reporting period, statement of cash flows, related parties, changes in accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates, correction of errors, and discontinued operations)
- Implement the IFRS recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, income, and expenses
- Apply the most recent new and revised IFRS standards on the areas highlighted above.
- Appreciate Corporate Tax Planning Measures
- Appreciate Transfer Pricing Concept and initiate preparation of Transfer pricing Policy
- Understand the concept of Thin Capitalization and risks involved
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- Property, Plant and Equipment
- Impairment of Assets
- Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- Deferred Tax
- Investment Properties
- Intangible Assets
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Transfer Pricing-Highlights
- Thin Capitalization
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: 400 Euros
ORGANIZERS: Strategia Netherlands
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT:
The Academics Manager